Friday, December 11, 2009

Always Kinky: Shea What?

Is it me or is shea butter over rated? I have used it but the results have been just OK. Now that it is winter I am looking for a deep moisturizer to tame these tresses. Shea butter is an option but not the end all for me that is. Personally I like to use regular conditioner like Hello Hydration because shea butter is still to greasy for my liking. I am looking into combining Shea with other products because I like all of the protection it can provide but I do not live and die by it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love shea butter and so does my skin and hair. I hear you about the greasyness, but my hair likes greasy products. they keep the moisture in, which has always been an issue for my hair.

sunyblack said...

I would suggest extra virgin Coconut Oil. You can get it from Whole foods, if you mix it with the Shea butter, into a whipped consistency, it should be very beneficial. I don't like a bunch of greasy stuff on my hair either, and the Coconut oil, if you you use too much, can be just that. You have to have the right balance. I'd also suggest using it as a deep conditioner, once you rinse it out, it still leaves just enough to leave your hair super soft and moisturized, but not enough to leave it greasy. Hope this helps.

Post a Comment