Thursday, December 17, 2009

Always Kinky: Hair Typing

Giving your hair a grade? I have been reading about the system on hair typing and I feel the need to weigh in on this issue. I have mixed feelings about this particular issue. On one end I feel like it can be useful in social/beauty networking where you don’t really get to compare hair for styling purposes. For example I see a style I like and think I may be able to rock it but I am not so sure if my curls would work. I guess this particular time would be fine to ask “What is your hair type?” On the other hand I feel like black women especially get so caught up in comparing and feeling inferior when it comes to hair sometimes I feel it may be best just to let each person figure it out themselves. Even in my experience as a life-long #naturalhair chick, my hair has gone thorough changes and if I did not know my hair, it would have been difficult to make the necessary adjustments. If you would like to know more about hair typing check it out. By the way I think I am 3C and 4A. In case you cared *smiles*

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yes I think it is important to know my type when trying to duplicate styles. For example, my mom always thinks what works on her hair will also work on mines...but it won't. I have 4A and/or 4B type hair. While hers is probably 3B and/or 3C.

Post a Comment