Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Always Kinky: Pollen Woes


A conversation with my mommy ( a post loc TWA wearing lady) gave me an idea that I wanted to share. I have been having serious sinus issues and have developed a love affair with the Neti Pot. (Yeah it's gross, but I love to see what comes out). Here is the conversation:
Mommy (who is in the medical profession): your allergies wouldn't be so bad if you washed your hair more often.
Me( having just co-washed for a set of unruly perfect curls): Whaaaah? *crazy eyes*
Mommy: With all that hair you have flying around I am sure you put that pollen all over your pillow and sheets. That's why your sinuses are worse at night.
Me: Hmmmph
I love my Mommy but she has a TWA, this took me back to my college days (when I kept my hair shorter than a TWA). It brings a new meaning to the wash-n-go. So I now have more reasons to cut my hair short…(like I needed more). Maybe it would cut down on my sinusitis and free me from my nightly Neti-pot rendezvous'!
Say Cheese Mommy!

2 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

How cute!

Moms are great, aren't they?

I don't think you need to cut your hair just to avoid pollen, it'll all be gone before you know it.

However, if you in fact want to cut your hair because you miss having a TWA and/or you want to try something "new" again (huh?), then go ahead and cut it.

I am 2.5 weeks into my natural hair journey and as much as I love my TWA I really want it to grow so I can try out many new things!

Anonymous said...

Hey! You look great and I never would have thought that your hair would leave pollen on a pillow but of course it can! Anyway I'm your new follower. I could learn a thing or two around here. I need followers too so I hope you'll come visit my blog and follow me also? http://hauplight.blogspot.com/
Thanks

Post a Comment