Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Always Kinky: Hair Banding


While watching some You Tube I saw that some people stretch their hair using rubber bands or hair ties. So of course I had to try it. What I couldn't recall was what type of product was added to the hair prior to the "Banding". Trial and Error left me up to chance. I co-washed with (Tresseme' thermal treatment) and rinsed almost completely. I applied Liquid Love (review to come) and banded my hair into 5 sections. I slept over night praying for it to dry by the morning. In the morning…need I say…..the hair did not dry. The product used kept my hair a little to moisturized for the desired task. So I "unbanded" and the hair was in fact stretched. But it was all in vain because it would not dry that way. Thank God for my expertise with nothing but a bobby pin and some cute blush on my cheeks (it fixes everything). Tonight, now that my hair is dry I will braid my hair in two sections and see how this stretching works. The purpose of this whole process was to stretch without the use of heat so all in all I think it would work with a product with less glycerin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment