Saturday, June 5, 2010

Always Kinky: Coconut Oil

I have begun using Coconut Oil in my moisturizing routine and thought I would share what I have learned in my research. First Coconut oil has many positive benefits one of which is hair care. But it is good to know that it is not a toxic product that can be harmful (only helpful) to my body. The main positive attribute to coconut oil is that it helps repair damaged and dry hair and scalp. It contains Lauric Acid which is an antimicrobial agent that can help heal the scalp and promote healthy hair growth.

I use Coconut Oil mixed in my conditioner or after I have rinsed out the conditioner to help seal in the moisture from the water. The only down side to this product is that it is both saturated and unsaturated (semi-solid at room temperature) which makes application interesting. I add it to my spray bottle with a little conditioner and water and style as needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment